vFORUM 2017 Recap
A long-awaited one of the biggest IT industry event vFORUM 2017 held in Delhi this week.
vFORUM 2017, Delhi was the third vFORUM this year in India after Mumbai and Bangalore, one another vFORUM is scheduled at Chennai next week.
VMware vFORUM is the leading and most highly anticipated event for virtualization, cloud management, EUC and mobility, attracting thousands of attendees each year. This year VMware brought together the latest in Digital Transformation, Digital Workspace, and Multi-Cloud Strategy all under one roof.
The agenda was fairly planned and prepared to include many Key Notes, Conversations and educational sessions in the short time span. The welcome keynote was addressed by VMware India’s MD Arun Parameswaran, Then he handed over to Duncan Hewett (Sr. VP & GM, VMware APJ), who focused on how Good Technologists Solve Problems. Great Innovators Create Opportunities, How Concept of digital transformation is impacting every industry. He also described the use cases of digital transformation like in banking, healthcare and telecommunication industries and how e-commerce provider like Alibaba, Amazon, and Flipkart are capturing marked using digital transformation. He also described the benefits of connecting any device to any application to any cloud/platform, and what solution VMware is providing to leverage it.
vFORUM Showcase Keynote was delivered by B.S. Nagarajan (Sr. Director, VMware India), enlightened on how:
– In the near future users will move towards a hybrid cloud rather than a single private or public cloud.
– Simplifying and accelerating Multi-Cloud strategy,
– Transforming the Data Center to deliver any application on any Platform,
– Transforming networking and security for the digital era,
– Delivering New user experiences with the Digital Workspace.
– Extend VMware environment to the Amazon AWS Cloud
– Container Infrastructure for Cloud-Native Apps
– Simplifying the provision, configuration, and management of Cloud Foundation components using SDDC.
– VMware Cloud strategy and Vision
Some presentations were also shared by Dell EMC, HPE, and IBM, where HPE described its integrated “Composable Infrastructure” platform that bridges traditional and new applications, empowering IT to instantly and continuously create and deliver value. IBM focused on its IBM Cloud (SoftLayer) and how it turns CAPEX into OPEX by maximizing profits and streamline workloads without sacrificing performance.
Technical sessions started just after the lunch and crowd split into two tracks. It means one could join only one track at a time. So I chose to attend Track 1.
First Technical session was taken by Soni Bhagwan and Ankur Arora from VMware on What’s New with vSphere 6.5. I personally found this as one of the best session of the day and understood why VMware vSphere is the most trusted and leading hypervisor on the planet. Many things were covered in this session including:
– Transformation of Security
– Empowering Digital Workspace
– Integration of Public Cloud
– Modernize Data Center
A deep-dive session on VSAN and Hyper-Converged Infrastructure (HCI) was given by John Nicholson, VMware. He described
– The vSphere Replication from DR to VMware Cloud on AWS,
– Stateful Cloud-Native Apps on vSphere using vSphere Cloud Provider (VCP) for Kubernetes and vSphere Docker Volume Service (vDVS).
– VMware vSAN: Enabling hyper-converged for all workloads
The NSX Micro-segmentation basics were covered by Pankaj Shukla, VMware. And lastly, Puneet Arora and Lalit Kumar discussed vReliaze Automation 7.3 features and Intelligent Operations Management from Infra to Application.
vForum 2017, Delhi ended around 6:30 PM in evening with the conclusion and prize distribution. I really enjoyed myself at this event and go back home with a lot of learnings like SDDC Manager, Pivotal Container Service (PKS), vMotion from Private Cloud to Public Cloud, Running NSX in Public Cloud, Hybrid Linked Mode across multiple Clouds, Workspace One, and New areas of vSphere. I met personally with many of my social media friends, VMUG community friends and of course with office colleagues as well. I still had a little bit left in me after a long drive in Delhi’s traffic.
Thank you again, VMware for this event and of course for some goodies/vouchers. 🙂
Check out some more blogs:
- The ABC of SDN (Software-Defined Networking)
- Configuring AWS Greengrass Core on VMware vSphere
- Deploying AWS Greengrass on VMware vSphere
- VNF Manager vs NFV Orchestrator (VNFM vs NFVO)
- Network Functions Virtualization (NFV)
- What is Hyper-Threading?
- Virtual Networking in VMware Workstation
- Hyperconverged Infrastructure
Finally, If you like my blog, Please Share…